The Magic of Affirmations
The Magic of Affirmations
How many times do you catch yourself worrying about something, thinking about the worst consequences of a situation, self-deprecating, or under-estimating your potential? Quite frequently, right? When we have such negative thoughts time and again, our entire outlook towards happenings of life tilts towards negativity. But, if we push ourselves to do the opposite and think positive about ourselves, the effect can be just as powerful but far more helpful. Now, the most systematic and practical way to practice positivity is through affirmations.
What are Affirmations ?
Affirmations are as easy to understand as they are to practise. At Beyond Illuzion, we believe that they are positive phrases or statements used to challenge negative or unhelpful thoughts, and nurture positive ones. Psychology Dictionary defines affirmations as brief phrases, repeated frequently, which are designed to encourage positive, happy feelings, thoughts, and attitudes. ‘I am surrounded by lovely friends and family’, ‘I am in control of my actions’, ‘I accept and love myself’, can be a few ideal examples of affirmations.
You may choose to use positive affirmations to motivate yourself, calm yourself, encourage positive changes in your life, boost your self-esteem, or manifest a goal. If you frequently find yourself getting disheartened or trapped in unhealthy narratives, affirmations can be used to replace them with desirable and helpful ideas.
Self-affirmations can also help manage the effects of stress. In one study, a simple affirmation exercise boosted the problem-solving abilities of chronically stressed subjects to the same level as those with much lower stress. Furthermore, according to a report, affirmations have been used to successfully heal people with low self-esteem, depression, and other mental health issues. They have also been shown to stimulate the areas in our brains that make us more likely to attract positive changes in regard to our health.
In a nutshell, positivity is a power we are all blessed with, and affirmations are the means to channelize this power fruitfully. It is like a domino effect – one positive thought leads to another, one pleasant visual will lead to another, eventually making your thought process healthier and more hopeful.
How to Practice Affirmations ?
Practicing affirmations is extremely simple. All you need to do is pick a phrase/s and repeat it to yourself. You may repeat it in your mind, speak it out loud, write in your diary, or even draw a picture of it. But whatever you choose to do, make sure that you repeat the affirmations everyday. Our suggestion would be to include the practice in your daily routine. Assign a time slot to it, for example, after breakfast, or before going to bed. This will help you maintain a streak of affirmations which will strengthen the message for the universe.
We have been using affirmations to heal and uplift our clients for years. To better understand how affirmations can work for you, or to get customized affirmations for yourself, reach out to us!
- On 13th of this month; your sign lord Mars will help you in family and finances; which is indicating your ascendancy in family matters.
- This placement of Mars is creating a strong financial source and blessing you with prosperity and affluence.
- Transit of Saturn on 17th January is desirable improvement in flow of recurring funds to allow you to play in a bigger level and help you to grow more.
- You should stay careful as it could be troublesome for you out of the blue. Post 31st of January; the intensity of the problems will minimize; for your relief.
- Emotional support from your near and dear ones will help you to handle the situation with more confidence.
- The Sun will change sign and will help you strongly to uplift your status in official and social circle.
Important numbers :
- 3, 5, 12
important dates :
- 2, 3, 9, 27, 29
Special note :
- The beginning of the month is the time to take on new challenge. Start implementing the plan and you will quickly advance in it. Personal development will be a priority for you.